West of England Masters
Friday 18th - Sunday 20th December 2015
at Grove Park Squash Club
Men's: Over 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70 & 75
& Ladies': Over 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60 age groups
For all the tournament results, draws & schedules , visit the
England Squash Masters website
Now in it's fourth year, the 2015-16 edition of the North West of England Masters Tournament has been brought forward in the season and will run on the weekend of Friday 18th to 20th December 2015. It's a competition for men & women who are Over 35 with age groups right up to Over 75. It's an official England Squash Masters regional ranking points event which means you will be able to earn ranking points that go towards selection for the England International team. While we hope to attract a high quality draw, we also would like to continue to encourage local players and those that are new to the Masters circuit.
See Tournament Gallery:
Video ClipsView video clips of tournament matches, including Yawar Abbas in the O45 final -
- Please arrive at the club at least 30 minutes before your scheduled match time and register at the tournament desk situated in the 1860 Suite situated just off the main bar.
- Tournament guarantees everyone at least 2 games through a plate competition.
- Start times on Friday will be from midday depending on numbers in each age group - please advise us of the earliest you are able to play on Friday. The tournament finals will be 10am-2pm Sunday.
- The age groups Over 35, 40, 45 & 50 use point-a-rally scoring to 11, all others use HI-HO (English) scoring.
- In the event of limited entry some age groups may be amalgamated.
- Due to court availability, some matches may be played at Total Fitness located just off the A34 Wilmslow - Handforth Bypass, Handforth, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 3PE. It's 1.4 miles away. Map & directions
- As home to past/present British Masters Champions Grove Park hope to have Yawar Abbas and Rod Boswell competing in their respective age groups
- Conditions of entry .
- There will be a 'Curry Night' on Friday night. This will be served
from 8pm -11pm in the President suite and will hopefully be a chance
for players/guests to eat/drink and chat informally.
Tickets are available from the tournament desk for £5.
- Food including paninis and tasty pies will be available throughout
- The club has a fully licensed Bar with freshly brewed tea, coffee and a range of soft drinks also available.
- Free WI-FI is available throughout the club.
- Our tournament partners, Pinewood
on Wilmslow Best Western Plus Hotel, can offer double/twin room
only at just £50 per night. They will do B&B for £70
double/twin and £60 single B&B. It is 4 star and is 1.6 miles
away from the club. Also included is a free pass to Total Fitness
which is just a few minutes away and includes a huge gym, indoor 200
metre running track, and a 25m swimming pool:
Pinewood on Wilmslow, Wilmslow Road, Handforth, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 3LF, 01625 529211
If there is a problem contact -
Closing date -Midday Friay 11.12.15
or £10 for Grove Park members
Tweets by @Groveparksquash