At Grove Park, we see our growing Junior squash section as vital to the development of our club.
Our main squash coaching sessions with England Squash Qualified Coaches,
run throughout the year on Saturday afternoons from 1pm .
- Beginners 1-2pm (suggested age 6 10)
- Intermediates 2-3pm (suggested age 10 16)
- Advanced 3-4pm (suggested age 10 16)
FREE for Grove Park members / £3 non-members
All you need to get started are loose fitting clothing and a pair of
clean trainers (preferably with non-marking soles). Parents are welcome
to watch or help (just bring your trainers).
Rackets are available to borrow.
To help chart the progress of all the players we have just launched a junior ladder.
The season is rounded off in June with the annual club junior tournament. With lots of trophies, t-shirts for all and even a speed gun to measure how hard everybody can hit it, this is a fun event to end the year.
Grove Park has junior teams (under 12, 15 & 17) entered in the Greater Manchester Junior Squash League. Played against other local clubs,
matches start in October and are played once a month on Sunday mornings.
GROVE PARK SQUASH ACADEMY
The Grove Park Potential Squash Academy is an invite only squash academy for juniors at Grove Park who have demonstrated enthusiasm for squash, a willingness to improve and good behaviour at squash sessions. There is an emphasis on learning and improvement during all sessions. Sessions start on Wednesday evenings from 31st May, 2017 - 5.45pm - 7pm.
Click for more details or to register online.
Squash camps are organised all year round during school holidays. Information on squash camps will be made available once dates are set.
- If a full years worth of lessons are purchased for £60 (or £50
if you pay before September 1st) the child will receive the benefits
of Junior Membership so they can play at times other than the organised
lessons. These benefits are also free for U16 children/grandchildren
of existing members (just email names and d.o.b. to Derek or I).
- The light meter costs £4 for 40 minutes for two members to play
or £1 for 20 minutes on Monday Clubnight.
- Junior squash members can play any time when playing another adult
- Juniors playing other juniors must (for safety reasons) be accompanied
by an adult.
- Juniors can upgrade to an Under 21 membership and enjoy benefits of a full membership (play in the internal leagues, book courts and be available for the senior teams).
Chris Sargent Junior Coordinator
Jules Abbas-Silvera - Head Coach
Dan Zaidi Coach
or email the Membership Secretary, Derek Shardlow - firstname.lastname@example.org
Phil Nicholson - Junior Squash Coordinator
|See Also -||Manchester Rugby Youth
Manchester Rugby Club Mini and Junior Sections.